Monday, March 22, 2010

Yummy Yummy

Yesterday was the first day in months (minus my trip home to Michigan) that I ate three sufficient meals.

Breakfast- Bacon and tomato biscuit
Lunch- Spaghetti
Dinner- Chicken salad

And now in my fridge sits 6 small containers of leftovers to ensure that I will not go hungry this week. I haven't enjoyed that convenience in years! Needless to say I was spoiled this weekend. I was taken care of in a way that I haven't felt since living at home. It was a very comforting sense of security knowing that someone was willing to make sure that not only was I warmed when the weather got chilly, given sandals when my heels began to hurt, and also fed enough to keep my energy. All the while picking my brain apart to know exactly how I felt about different topics and ideas. Not settling with a simple answer. Not to mention making sure that my feet never stood still while there was music playing in the background.

Being around positive, sincere people ultimately draws me closer to God. I'm continually amazed by people striving to stand out in a crowd simply by being pleasant. Smiling to strangers and holding the doors for each other. It's the little things that mean the most and are the most contagious to pass along. And each time I'm given a little gift like that, it makes me say "Thank you, Savior" because they show me a glimpse of His goodness. How easy is it to share God's grace with each other... you really don't have to say a word. Just smile. Or choose to forgive in a conflict. It's really not that difficult, and man, it feels so so sweet!

Now I'm back to the "real world" and ready to take on the day. I'm thankful for my job and the people I work with. I'm thankful for the car, and its full tank of gas, that got me to work today. I'm thankful for the provision that I had to choose between multiple items of clothing to wear today. I'm thankful for the messages I've gotten today on my phone just checking to make sure I am having a good day. And I'm thankful for the, now 5, meals in my fridge... and the one who prepared them for me.

Have a great day! :)


1 comment:

  1. I am not sure if I can continue returning to this blog when the author does not satisfy my desire for a new entry.

    ReplyDelete