Friday, January 8, 2010

I need a new chair.

I have recently remodeled my second "bedroom". I put bedroom in quotes because I'm pretty sure you have to have a bed, physically in the room, to consider it a bed-room however my version of a bedroom consists of a desk, chair, cat gym, and litter box. I turned this room into an office about a month ago since I had the desk and leather chair (both mandatory for a home office according the the pottery barn magazines) and would get depressed when I saw the empty air mattress filling up the majority of space in the room. I have to admit that I'm very impressed with myself. It is actually a cute office and somehow inspires me to fill out my calendar which recently hadn't been updated since last September. I've become a little Handy Mandy since my income has been cut from two to one and I now have to understand that food and toilet paper are more important than highlights and a hair cut (woe is me.). There's another reason for my switch from no-guest room to office, I made a habit of plopping in front of the TV with my laptop and wasting a whole evening listening to the TV and watching facebook. I needed a change.

So now I have this adorable purple office with an adorable puke-green colored leather chair, adorable cat gym, and... oh wait, I got ahead of myself. Anyways, after all the moving around, I forgot the chair part for my desk! I've been sitting on the sunken-in footstool for the leather chair and can hardly stand to facebook for more than 5 minutes because I'm afraid of leaving a permanent indentation on my rear! Now I'm looking for a nice comfy chair that I can sink into while browsing the net. It must be cheap! And must be comfortably FLAT. I would prefer to find something very ugly and junky so that by the time I am done remaking it, I will feel like I have accomplished more than the bruises I've saved from my toosh.

Now, I completely understand that this just might be the most random, boring, useless blog you have ever read but you have to understand that the only thing I could think of while trying to think of something to blog, was my dented butt on my uncomfortable "chair".

Tune in next time for "The Case of the Cone less Cat"!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, but you are real, and you are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where are photos of said office? I must see it before I can offer up chair suggestions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww yes, I'll take a picture tomorrow of office/sunken-in stool. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of excited that you have a blog! This will be a great way to keep up with each other's lives. Have a great day, girly! =]

    ReplyDelete