Tuesday, January 12, 2010

There was a dog who howled for what seemed like three hours in the middle of the night.

I knew this would happen. As soon as I published my last blog I knew it would be immediately followed with "bloggers block". And trust me, I have been desperately trying to come up with SOMETHING interesting to write about. I have found myself driving down the road thinking "Was the dog howling for what seemed like three hours in the middle of the night interesting enough?" I digress, it wasn't mean to be.

I have learned two things about myself in the past 3 days....

1. I don't pray enough as of late. I don't pray without ceasing and now is more than ever the time for me to be praying without ceasing.
2. When I hear someone faced with a situation that I have dealt with in the past, I automatically assume they would benefit GREATLY from my advice.

Ironically after typing those two things, it is so blatantly obvious that #1 can give the wisdom I need to deal with #2. But then again, #1 gives wisdom to all things.

It was a hard day today. Many unresolved emotions came to rise and I have been thrust more deeply into prayer over these thoughts. Without ceasing.

The sounds of books and plastic crates crashing in my closet followed by a frantic cat has just filled my apartment. Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Good thoughts. It is amazing how much prayer will resolve in our lives, isn't it?

    I have also been recently struck with the realization that it's important to seek God just to BE with Him, not necessarily to get something from Him. So often I pray like, "God, how can I serve You, how can I impact the world for You today?" When honestly, I should just concentrate on being with Him just because...I love Him. And He died for me. And He deserves every last second of my life. He'll give me insight on how to serve Him and impact the world for Him as a helpful little side benefit to spending that time with Him.

    If that made sense.
    It kinda came out in a jumble. Sorry. =]

    Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you girl. With #1 and #2. But I'm working on the #1.

    And I second the above comment, keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete